A yummy, crumbly treat that makes a great addition to a lunch box or as a snack between meals…
My health conscious lifestyle really began to take shape around two years ago. I would like to say that it was a change that came about all on its own but it was actually the influence of others that pushed me to learn about what it really means to be healthy and to make it a habitual practice in my day to day life.
You shouldn’t have to wait for someone else to tell you to make a better change for a better you! Thats why I decided to share a few natural recipes with my readers, so that you can slowly introduce natural recipes into your own hectic lives, and be inspired to be healthy and happy.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6tbs melted butter (cooled to room temp)
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup sliced pinapple
- 2/3 cup of coconut sugar
- handful of raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients (coconut flour, wholewheat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar) in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients (vanilla extract, melted butter, egg, bananas and pinapple) in a large sized bowl and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Incorporate walnuts into mixture, leaving extra for toppings.
- Spoon mixture into a greased or lined muffin tin and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 30 mins (or until a toothpick can be inserted into the centre of the cake and when removed is not sticky).
- Tip: Also delicious as mini-muffins or as a cake.
We recommend serving fresh and warm out of the oven with vanilla ice-cream or placing in the fridge to have cold with tea and good company!